5 things to know before your initial appointment with a Family Lawyer.
When you book your first appointment with a Family Lawyer, we know our clients can face a series of different emotions. Some are sad about the closing of the chapter. Some feel resolved that it’s the right time to move things forward. Some are emotional due to heartbreak or betrayal, some are even angry. Some have a new energy and positive outlook for the future. Some of our clients experience all of these feelings during their matter. Some will experience them all during their first appointment. We want you to know all of these feelings are normal.
5 things we’d like our clients to know before their initial appointment.
- It is ok to feel nervous and have lots of questions - we are here to help and will assist you in feeling at ease about the uncertain future. We often suggest that you write your questions down before your appointment. We’re happy to work through that list with you and make sure you leave with your questions answered.
- It is important to think about what you would like your future to look like, for you and your family and what is most important to you. This will help us in determining the best way forward for resolution of your matter. Ask yourself “What do you want your life to look like in 12months from now?”
- Lawyers are not scary! We’re not the average law firm, and our team genuinely care about our clients and their journey. We care about you as a person and your overall wellbeing, not just your legal matter itself. We will connect you with services in the area that will assist you in a variety of ways ranging from wellness, financial and property experts through to personal and family counselling.
- You can bring someone along as a support person - you do not have to attend alone. Our office is a safe space and we do everything we can to help you feel comfortable and supported.
- You will leave your appointment informed about your rights and options moving forward. You will also leave feeling empowered about your future being in safe hands with Family Focus Legal.
Article written by Kristina Lukic, Solicitor at Family Focus Legal..